About Me

My photo
I'm a woman who tries to see the positive in even the most difficult situations. I find joy in bringing happiness to others around me.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It Only Takes a Moment To Make a Difference

In life, so many of us neglect to speak the feelings in our hearts & minds. This may be because we're so busy with our day to day lives that we simply forget to express the love & caring we feel for family and/or friends.  I've been guilty of this on many occasions but, over time, I have realized that the feelings in our hearts need to be expressed, and frequently.

Have you taken the time to contact your family, friends, or loved ones today just to say hello & ask how they've been? Have you noticed that a loved one has been struggling in their personal or professional life but neglected to lend them even a compassionate ear?

When you take the time to let someone know that you've been thinking of them, or that you've noticed they seem to be struggling in some aspect of their life & you want to be there for support, you would be amazed at how you can improve a person's life. A simple act of lending an ear so someone can vent about what is bothering them can make the biggest difference. Wouldn't it feel good to know you made someone smile because they realize that they aren't alone during trials in their life? Or even better, wouldn't it be wonderful to know you're thoughtfulness & concern helped them overcome an obstacle they were facing?

I make it a point in my life to express caring & compassion towards everyone in my life, even if they are someone I may only see once in my life.  Take a moment to smile at everyone you pass....even a stranger walking by you. You may bring someone a renewed sense of optimism & make their day so much brighter all in a split second.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading, Darin! Feel free to share & I appreciate you following!

    ReplyDelete